1. Safety is priority. Riders and drivers of support vehicles are responsible for their own safety.
2. Riders are to ride no more than 2 abreast and keep left at all times.
3. Riders are asked to respect other riders. When riding as a team, to remain in a group within a distance of 25 meters.
4. If a team is to overtake another team, both teams are to fall back in single file formation. Plenty of warning is required when approaching to overtake, remembering some teams are not experienced with overtaking protocol.
5. At all times riders must remain close to the left hand side of the road.
6. Do not interfere with other participating teams.
7. Marshals are provided for your safety - please obey any instruction or direction by these officials.
8. Ride according to the road rules.
9. All cyclists must wear an approved bike helmet with retention straps fastened at all times whilst in motion.
10. The use of personal music devices in not permitted.
11. Teams are to stay together for the duration of the event. A rider should not be abandoned, except if a rider has a puncture or unresolved mechanical failure, which will then be helped by mobile marshals.
12. Team bikes shall be the same or similar across the team. MTB may be a bit heavy going for the long distance but is suitable, Road bikes are suitable but be mindful of the terrain and ride with caution, nobbly tires will suit conditions rather than smooth tires. Cyclocross bikes are well suited to this event, they are light weight for comfortable riding and have nobbly tires for stable grip on the surface.
13. Bikes fitted with child seats for children under the age of 4 and bike trailers are only allowed in the 15km family event. Carriers must comply with safety standards. Children must wear safety helmets.
No Bike carriers or child trailers in the 52km or 88km ride.
14. Only registered support cars are allowed along the route.
15. Under no circumstances shall a rider tow behind the support car.
16. The support car must remain 25 metres behind their rider at all times except when approaching pit stops.
17. On approaching pit stops support car must over take rider in plenty of time to park ahead of the pit stop and prepare the next rider to begin their leg.
18. Support vehicle must have a beacon light (flashing amber light) and may not exceed a speed limit of 40km/h for the duration of the event and VEHICLES MUST KEEP LEFT AT ALL TIMES unless overtaking. Absolutely no stopping on the right side of the road.
19. If riders are still on route upon dusk, marshals will ask them to stop riding and will be taken by car to the finishing line.